Sunday, August 24, 2008

girls night in

Sometimes the only thing better than a girls night out is a girls night in and last night the U-City Itty Bitties were all about it. What is U-City you ask? It is the playgroup the daughter and I have attended for about a year now. Last night was the first official girls night in and it's amazing (actually, hilarious) what happens when you get a group of hot mommies together sans babies. The world becomes a lighter place--throw some great food, red wine and khalua and cream on top of that and we've got a party (and a few rather wasted ladies, I might add). The night was a much needed treat for me and a great way to end the summer. Fall semester begins tomorrow and it's back to books, accounting, and economics--the two subjects that absolutely make my head spin with confusion. But there's always the image and the memory of the cutest little cosmopolitan cookies and chocolate cupcakes I made for girls night in to get me through the mind-numbing number crunching. The best cupcake frosting I've ever tasted once again comes from the Confetti Cakes cookbook (see book to the right) and chocolate cupcakes from The Cupcake Bakeshop .

4 comments:

Culinary Wannabe said...

Those cupcakes look insanely good!! Pair it with a cocktail (and a cocktail cookie) and I would be one happy lady!

Bitten Sweets said...

thank you! i was so happy with how the cupcakes/cookies turned out--though, it's pretty hard not to love a cupcake!

Joy the Baker said...

Yum!Yum!Yum! Good luck back at school!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What gorgeous little treats you made! I do love the Confetti Cakes too...she is brilliant! As for my cake delivery, I had to have my husband stay and help me since they are WAY too heavy for me to carry on my own. But I do transport it fully assembled and we just drive very carefully and will anxiety the whole time..haha!